- Through your use of www.thomaspink.com (the "Site")
- By visiting a Thomas Pink store
- By interacting with our content and/or services or
- By contacting our Customer Care team.
This policy also applies to information held about suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts and all other people we hold information about.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
The Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Thomas Pink is part of the Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy group. Thomas Pink Limited (trading as Thomas Pink) is the controller and responsible for this Site. We are a company registered in the United Kingdom under registration number 01995666 and our registered address is 10 Howick Place, Westminster, London, United Kingdom SW1P 1GW
By "information", we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form. This information can be grouped together in the following categories:
- Identity Information includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Information includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Information includes bank account and payment card details
- Transaction Information includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site.
- Profile Information includes your Site username and password (if applicable), your body measurements if you have given these to us in connection with an order, your Site registration or acquisition date, purchases or orders made by you, your favourite products, your feedback and survey responses, your loyalty programme membership and membership date, any flags on your account to show that you may be one of our employees, and any information that you choose to share on your Site profile or with our in store staff.
- Usage Information includes information about how you use the Site and our products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing and your communication preferences
- Contact History means keeping a record of what you have said to us, for example, over the phone, by live chat, through a web form, by email or on social media
- Social Information means information collected if you choose to link your social media accounts with us.
You may give us your information by filling in forms on the Site or in-store or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- Register for an account with us (whether online or in-store);
- Place an order;
- Sign up to our newsletters;
- Register for any loyalty programme that we offer from time to time;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- Give us some feedback.
We may also receive information about you from various third parties:
- Analytics providers;
- Advertising networks; and
- Search information providers
We use your information in the following ways:
|Identity & Contact Information||
|Marketing and Communications Information||
Legal basis for processing
- For the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- For the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- In order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal information such as information about your health, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer experience; (ii) running our business; (iii) to provide the products and services you have requested; (iv) to prevent fraud; and (v) for our own marketing, research and product development.
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- Companies within Thomas Pink such as Thomas Pink Inc
- Companies within the Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy group, of which Thomas Pink is a part
- Companies that help us fulfil your orders such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, delivery companies, third party call centres, monogrammers, tailors and alteration and made to order service providers
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, data cleansing agencies and website hosts who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so that we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
We may also share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement agencies, international customs organisations and other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
- Other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the EEA or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that your information remains adequately protected. If you would like more details about the safeguards that we rely on, please contact the Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org
At any time, you have the right:
- To request access to or a copy of any information which we hold about you;
- To rectification of your information, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- To ask us to delete your information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- To withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- To ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- To restrict processing of your information;
- To data portability (moving some of your information elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- To object to your information being processed in certain circumstances; and
- To not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your information.
Any request for access to or a copy of your information must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know by contacting us using the details at the bottom of this policy if any of your personal details change. You can also access, update or correct your account details via the "My Account" section of the Site.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may use your information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- By updating your preferences within the "My Account" section of the Site.
- By clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any email
- By contacting our Customer Care team at email@example.com
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside Thomas Pink for marketing purposes.
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Thomas Pink banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of the Site (for example, your Site search history, and the content you read on the Site) or on Site banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
We will keep your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, (provided that you have consented to receiving them) for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send a letter by mail to: Thomas Pink, 10 Howick Place, Westminster, London, United Kingdom SW1P 1GW.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator in your country. If you are a UK resident, this is the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.